In the light of the outbreak of the Coronavirus in Scotland, the Association is currently monitoring the advice and guidance from the Scottish Government and official health bodies to allow us to make informed decisions on how to protect our customers, staff and Management Committee.
Due to the increasing risks the Association is taking the following steps to minimise the risk and assist with preventing the spread of the virus within our communities.
From Tuesday 17th March:
- The Association's offices at 31 Ashley Street will be closed to members of the public. The office will still be fully staffed and you can continue to contact us via phone, email or the website to report a repair or discuss a tenancy matter such as your rent payments.
- Staff will not be carrying out home visits, repairs inspections or having face-to-face interviews unless it is absolutely necessary.
- The welfare benefits surgery on Wednesday afternoons is temporarily suspended. However, if you are experiencing real financial difficulties, a phonecall interview can be arranged.
THE REPAIRS SERVICE
We will endeavour to continue to provide a full repairs service to our tenants although this will be dependent on the measures our contractors have in place to protect their own staff.
You can report a repair or get an update on a repair you have reported by calling the office, emailing us or leaving a message on the website.
However, before we instruct a repair you will be asked a couple of questions. Specifically, we would respectfully ask that you declare to staff and contractors if you:-
- Are 'self-isolating'
- Returned from any of the 'at risk' areas within the last 14 days
- If you are experiencing a fever, cough or shortness of breath
- Have been in contact with some you know has the Coronavirus.
This is for the safety and protection of both you and the contractors and we would very much appreciate your assistance and co-operation.
All existing methods for making a rent payment will still be available apart from making a payment at the office. This includes:
- Direct Debit and Standing Orders - If you want to set up a direct debit or standing order please contact the office
- Internet Banking - Payments should be made to Charing Cross Housing Association Ltd - Sort Code 09 07 20, Account Number 40086946
- Using your Allpay Card - This can be used at a Post Office or any Paypoint location
- By the Allpay App - You can make payments by downloading the Allpay App for free from the apple store for Apple phones and from the google store for Android smartphones
- Phoning Allpay on 0844 557 8321. You can make a payment using a debit card 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Phoning the office - Payment using a debit card will be taken over the phone during normal working hours
While we endeavour to continue to provide a full range of services this might change to reflect any updated advice and information from the Scottish Government. Please continue to check the Association's website for updates.
For your own personal safety you should also regularly check on the current advice from the NHS and Scottish Government on what steps you should take to minimise your risk of exposure to the virus. More information on the symptoms and the steps you can take to keep yourself and others safe is available on website such as:-
You can also get general information on Coronavirus on the freephone helpline on 0800 028 2816
The helpline is open:
- Monday to Friday, 8.00 am to 10.00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday, 8.00 am to 6.00 pm